HOW TO REFINE YOUR KEYWORD LIST
Whether you’re assembling a pitch proposal, preparing for an interview or working on a comprehensive SEO strategy, keyword research enables you to develop a clear understanding of what people are really searching for online. It’s a simple yet fundamental task that serves as the foundation for any small or complex project.
Viable keyword research removes the guesswork and provides a level of objectivity based on real user behavior. I’ve often been confronted with requests to use certain words or phrases because they seem right or align neatly with a particular brand positioning. But when we’re creating content that we want to surface in search, we must mirror the language of our customers.
1. Analyze your current list:
Examine your keyword list to uncover any keywords that are duplicates, too broad, or irrelevant.
2. Research competitor keywords:
Research what keywords your competitors are targeting to uncover opportunities and gain insights that could help you refine your list.
3. Add long-tail keywords:
Include long-tail keywords in your list to target more specific, relevant searches.
4. Consider user intent:
Consider the intent of the user when selecting keywords. Are they looking to buy something? Get information?
5. Utilize keyword research tools:
Use keyword research tools to uncover new and related keywords.
6. Monitor search trends:
Monitor search trends to identify any changes in search volume or user intent.
7. Assess the difficulty:
Assess the difficulty of ranking for each keyword to prioritize which ones to target.
8. Group keywords into categories:
Group related keywords into categories to help organize your list for targeting specific topics.
9. Add modifiers:
Include modifiers such as location, product type, or other words to narrow your list and target more specific searches.
10. Test and refine:
Test and refine your keywords over time to ensure you’re targeting the most relevant and effective keywords.
BELOW ARE SOME RELEVANTS KEYWORDS
- 1. Weight Loss
7. Exercise Routine
8. Weight Loss Strategies
9. Calorie Intake
10. Meal Planning
12. Workout Plans
13. Healthy Eating
14. Exercise Motivation
15. Fat Loss
Here are several steps to refine your keyword list:
- Start with broad keywords: Start by brainstorming a list of broad keywords related to your business or industry.
- Use keyword research tools: Utilize keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, or SEMrush to identify keywords related to your business and see their search volume and competition level.
- Consider long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords are more specific and less competitive, but they can still drive targeted traffic to your website.
- Analyze your competitors: See what keywords your competitors are ranking for and try to include similar keywords in your list.
- Use negative keywords: Negative keywords help you exclude irrelevant search terms from your list and improve the relevance of your ad campaign.
- Group similar keywords: Group similar keywords together to create ad groups for your campaigns, this helps you to easily target specific themes.
- Monitor and update regularly: Regularly monitor your keyword performance and update your list as needed to ensure it remains relevant and effective.